Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I'm In Love With A New Set


I think I have mentioned earlier that I have a little golf addiction. As I mentioned in my last post, I sent in a set of clubs to BOS Golf to get refinished. Because I was a little nervous about sending my gamers in, I sent in an old set that had been resting in the garage. I know that they are going to come back special and I will want to send my gamers in. (This is where the addictive part comes in) I ended up buying a set of Mizuno MP 57's off of ebay. My reasoning was that I would probably need a set when I sent the gamers in. I know, you're probably saying that I would have the newly returned spa clubs to use. True. However, what if they're too pretty to use was my thinking. Therefore, with that logic, I had to pull the trigger on the Mizunos.

This is where my dilemma begins. I pulled my gamers out of my bag to test out the Mizunos when they arrived. They haven't made it back into the bag and I've probably played seven rounds since then.

I have no idea what it's like to cheat on a significant other with a mistress. There was one time in high school when I was drunk and I messed around with a girl while I was dating someone (Sorry again Amy), but I don't even remember what I was thinking. I feel like I'm having an affair on my gamers. These clubs are so nice. They fly straight. They look so shinny and pretty. It doesn't take much to get them to do what I want. They treat me well. My ego is stroked every time I take them out. Bottom line, I think I'm falling for a new set.

I keep thinking that maybe my "gamers" will come back from the spa and everything will be alright. Maybe, right?

I feel so bad. And at the same time when I'm with the new set, I feel sooooo good.


Patrick Gibbons


Patrick Gibbons Handmade
http://patrickgibbonshandmade.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment