Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Proper Footwear for the Golf Course

Over the last two years I have taken part in several personal growth seminars. I have found them very beneficial personally and professionally. One of the biggest lessons that I have taken out of them has to do with attitude. Having a positive attitude can really generate incredible results. With that said, this blog post could be perceived as not that positive, however I really need to rant about something that just irritates me on the golf course.

I was out for a round of golf last weekend when I spotted something that falls into my top three spots of most irritating pieces of golf apparel that a person can wear on a golf course. GOLF SANDALS!

Seriously, golf sandals? Why not wear some real golf apparel? Aren't there rules on the course anymore?

Why? Are you afraid to commit to the full shoe? Do your feet need to get the striped tan? Are you that much of a tree hugging hippie that you can’t go without your Burkenstock  for five hours that you have to put cleats on the bottom of them?

I really want to know who it was that contributed the golf sandal to the game I love. As it is already, many people don’t consider golf a “sport,” or golfers “athletes.” The golf sandal doesn’t help the image one bit.

Here’s something I noticed last weekend with this sandal wearing “golfer” in the foursome ahead of me, and any other time I’ve seen one on a course in my life. People that wear golf sandals suck at golf. I’m not sure if it’s a coincidence or if it’s mandatory, but I’ve never seen a good ball sticker in golf sandals.

Why not just pull a Jim McMahon and go barefoot on the course. Get off the fence and pick between playing golf (with the proper footwear ie golf shoes), or go back to your compound and smoke some herb and relax.

It hit me when I saw this “golfer,” I’m coming out with Patrick Gibbons Handmade flip flops. They are for the golfer that really doesn’t give a crap about golf and would rather be at the beach. Look for them this fall.

I think this is the perfect time to let the readers know about a line of classic shoes from Patrick Gibbons Handmade that will be coming out this summer. You can check them out at: http://www.patrickgibbonshandmade.com/

Since all the American golf shoe makers decided to quit making quality golf shoes in America, I decided to bring them back. Custom handmade genuine exotic golf shoes are in the works and will be on American soil this summer. Take a look at the first two prototypes. Genuine ostrich and genuine python.

NO MORE GOLF SANDALS!

Shoot Low

No comments:

Post a Comment